Saturday, November 21, 2015

Character design Maquette

I took loads of pictures capturing the process of making my maquette for character design for animation class so lets get right to the pics.

Here is the original character design.

Foil and metal armature.

Adding clay and troubleshooting weight distribution.

I figured out that I would need to add a wire frame in the sword as a third point of support to make the figure stand.

More clay work at home.

Basing out in black before the final paint job.

Starting to paint with color.


On the whole Im pleased with my work on this maquette but I think I could have done better given more time. But I learned quite a lot and look forward to doing another maquette.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the crack detail on the sculpture made by the sword. Very creative, great job, Anderson!
    -Elizabeth, a fan