Friday, March 1, 2013

"Breaking Boundaries"

So since none of you read this stuff and just look at the pictures anyway Ill keep it short. I had to do a B&W drawing from a picture and scale it up. I had a few ideas but when I looked at them together this one of an apple falling into water stood out because of the high contrast, so like an idiot I took it on. Water is a pain to draw, but I'm glad I did it because it challenged me as an artist and I learned a lot  which is what practice and the arts are all about, So now, if you're still reading this, here are the pictures, each picture represents one 1-3 hour session spent on the project.


 







And Final. Unfortunately graphite is very reflective so I had a hard time getting a picture without any reflection, but here you go. The final cropped image is 16"x18" and I just entered it into the CPCC Student Art show for this spring, I'll keep you updated on how that goes.



Also I haven't Actually signed this piece because I cant figure out where to. Its all black and nothing will show. I'll figure it out, but for now its just signed on the back.




No comments:

Post a Comment