Friday, October 11, 2013

Portraiture

The other day in figure drawing class our teacher forgot to schedule a model, so we studied the human face and drew some portraiture.

Here is a charcoal drawing of my teacher

An Ebony pencil drawing of one of my classmates

Another Ebony pencil drawing of another one of my classmates. I have a hard time with the female face so these drawings were a good practice, I think part of it is because I am a dude and I've practiced drawing myself lots of times, but not many girls

I decided to drawing this one in a more Caricatured style since I'm more comfortable with the male face 

The last drawing of the day, I decided to go back to charcoal, but this time I laid a ground first with compressed charcoal, then added the dark values with vine charcoal, and lights by erasing



No comments:

Post a Comment